Holland House Mexico is an independent, non-profit business facilitator that is dedicated to helping Dutch companies be successful in the Mexican market, as well as promoting trade, investment, and business development between Mexico and The Kingdom of the Netherlands. To be launched in early 2019, Holland House Mexico will create synergies between the existing services offered by Dutch government entities in Mexico such as the Embassy and the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the Netherlands Business Support Office, and industry initiatives such as the Kamer van Koophandel and the Dutch Energy Association.
Holland House Mexico will be a one-stop shop for Dutch companies doing business in Mexico, or entering the market, that provides a portfolio of soft landing and business development services ranging from market analysis, opportunity identification and matchmaking to professional services and office space and that significantly lower the market entry costs and risks and accelerate the pace of business development of Dutch companies in the Mexican market.
We are currently looking for a Development Manager, a hybrid operations and commercial role for a goal getter who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. The successful candidate will play a central role in the success and impact of Holland House Mexico.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operational management of Holland House Mexico and facility management for office space
- P&L responsibility, manage the operations effectively; including Administration, Marketing, PR, Planning, Organization, Finance/Accounting and IT
- Work closely with the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Mexico and NBSO to leverage synergies and generate values for members
- Maintain and build sustainable and amicable relationships with members (existing and potential), local governmental institutions, international chambers and the Embassy of Mexico in the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Develop and organize events, seminars and workshops
- Identify business opportunities, implement value-adding services and help members where possible
- Promote Holland House Mexico
- Create social media and website content as well as newsletters
- Assisting in trade missions and events
- Contact with services providers, trade associations and other stakeholders in Mexico and the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Strong affiliation with the Kingdom of the Netherlands and 80%+fluency in Dutch
- Proven commercial track record
- Bachelor in Marketing, Communication, Business Management & Administration or a similar field of study.
- Motivation and skillset to excel in a cross-functional and international and results-focused environment
- Strong writing and editing skills as well as an understanding of both traditional and new media
- Advanced English and Spanish language skills
- Willingness to travel and flexible hours when necessary
- 3+ years of experience in Mexico Interested or looking for more information?
About Holland House Mexico
When the world’s 15th largest economy is your 36th largest trade partner and you are a preeminent trading nation, it is time to capitalize on a business opportunity. It that country is an emerging market economy of global significance that is forecasted to become the world’s 7th largest economy by 2050, has more free trade agreements than any other country in the world and is highly open for business, then undoubtedly the time to act is now. In a nutshell, this is The Mexico Opportunity for Dutch companies. However, it is not that simple. There are many hurdles to overcome when entering or growing in Mexico, which is ranked 54th in the world in terms of ease of doing business. For both SMEs and multinationals, it is crucial to understand the opportunities and challenges in the Mexican market and to ensure that the rewards outweigh the risks. This is where Holland House Mexico comes in, providing a platform designed to facilitate the success of Dutch companies in Mexico. By leveraging our understanding of the local business environment and extensive networks of our team, members, local Dutch trade associations, NLinBusiness, VNO-NCW, MKB-Nederland, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Mexico and the Netherlands Business Support Office, Holland House Mexico ensures that Dutch business success in Mexico will be much greater than the sum of its parts.
Please send your CV including a short motivation letter to:
Daniel Reitsma: email@example.com
Guido van der Zwet; firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeroen Posma; email@example.com
Holland House Mexico
Paseo de la Reforma 180- Piso 20
Col. Juarez 06600 Ciudad de México, México